Well, another great Month of Modern has come to an end! Thank you to the 300+ design enthusiast who joined us for the social event of the season: the Month of Modern Wrap Up Soirée. We all had such a great time!
We took the party to Galvanize, and had an amazing time mingling with friends old and new, sipping on cocktails & beer, noshing on delicious food, and dancing! Guest House created the perfect, ambient, chill-out lounges…and big thanks to RETROFETTE, who threw down and made the dance party happen!
The Student Design Showcase was the place to meet, greet and feel inspired. Submissions were be blind-judged by a team of established commercial and residential industry leaders from multiple disciplines located throughout Boulder. For the last 4 years, we have tapped Todd Reed to design an award…Todd is a luxury jewelry designer, true artist as well as patron of the arts – and an obvious pick when asking someone to design an award for other designers.
The final winners were announced during an Awards Presentation at the Party. Each Student Design was ranked based on statement of design intent, resolution of the program or idea, and the quality of the submittal materials (i.e., presentation graphics and composition, elements and principles of design, creativity and visual appeal.
• Angus Mcinnis: TRANSIT VILLAGE
• ENVD Praxis Design Build Studio: COMMUNITY LIVINGROOM
1ST & 2ND YEARS
• 1st PLACE – Angus Mcinnis: TRANSIT VILLAGE
• 2nd PLACE – Kathleen Moylan: A WRITER’S LOOKOUT
LANDSCAPE & URBAN DESIGN
• 1st PLACE – Alec Stolz: CENTENNIAL STORM WATER PARK
• 2nd PLACE – Samantha Boldt: OVERLAND PARK
• 1st PLACE – Alyssa Drain, Megan Meek, Sarah Kennedy, Sebastian Elverskog: EMPOWERMENT
• 2nd PLACE – Corey Erickson: FRANKENSTUHL